Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) and NewYork-Presbyterian (NYP) partnered with OncLive on May 4, 2017, to present the State of the Science Summit on Treatment of Hematologic Malignancies in Queens, NY.
The Lymphoma Program was well-represented at the Summit. Our own Drs. John Leonard and Peter Martin served as co-chairs for the event, which featured presentations from ten WCM/NYP hematologists and oncologists, and more than half of the talks focused on the latest science and research related to the diagnosis and treatment of various lymphoma types.
For videos and synopses of what our physician spoke about, stay tuned to our blog. Here’s an overview of the updates coming your way soon:
- Dr. John Leonard on the emergence of CAR T-cell therapy
- Dr. Peter Martin on the importance of patient preference and lifestyle when determining a mantle cell lymphoma treatment regimen
- Dr. Richard Furman on risk assessment in an era of novel agents for CLL patients
- Dr. Jia Ruan on new agents for treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphomas
- Dr. Sarah Rutherford on two highly aggressive B-cell lymphomas
- Dr. Lisa Roth on differences in treatment approaches for adult and adolescent lymphoma patients